The “msvcr120.dll missing” error typically occurs when the MSVCR120.dll file, which is a part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, is either missing or corrupted. To fix this error on Windows, you can try the following steps:
- Download and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package:a. Visit the official Microsoft Download Center website. b. Search for “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable” and select the appropriate version for your system (x86 for 32-bit or x64 for 64-bit). c. Download the package and run the installer. d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Perform a System File Checker (SFC) scan:a. Press the Windows key + X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” or “Windows PowerShell (Admin)”. b. In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter:
sfc /scannowc. Wait for the scan to complete. The System File Checker will attempt to repair any corrupted system files, including the MSVCR120.dll file.
- Update or reinstall the affected program:If the error is specific to a particular program, you can try updating or reinstalling that program. Visit the official website of the program and download the latest version. Uninstall the existing program and then install the new version.
- Copy the MSVCR120.dll file manually:a. Open File Explorer and navigate to the following directory, depending on your system architecture:
- 32-bit system: C:\Windows\System32
- 64-bit system: C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- Run a malware scan:It’s possible that malware or viruses on your system may have corrupted or removed the MSVCR120.dll file. Run a reputable antivirus or anti-malware scan to check for any infections and remove them if found.
After performing the above steps, restart your computer and check if the “msvcr120.dll missing” error is resolved. If the issue persists, you may need to seek further assistance from a technical expert or the support channels of the affected program.