Network diagnostic software is designed to help user and network administrators in scanning, diagnosing and identifying problems within a computer network.
It is a type of network management software that helps in finding network connectivity, performance and other related problems.
Network diagnostic software primarily helps in automating the process of network troubleshooting. Rather than the network administrator or a user manually looking for errors, it scans and searches along all known network ports, paths and interfaces to find network problems.
Some of the ways network diagnostic software can be used include:
- Internet/network connectivity issues such as unplugged wires, misconfigured proxy and more
- DNS analysis
- Identify and troubleshoot IP-addressing-related errors
In addition to network troubleshooting, network diagnostic software provides insight into basic network availability and performance statistics. It can be part of a network management/network performance monitoring application. Moreover, it can be used to diagnose network issues on both general end-user and enterprise networks.
- SolarWinds :-is a tool that quickly analyzes and troubleshoots wireless network faults, performance, and availability issues remotely. This application provides you real-time alerts that help you to reduce network downtime.It helps you to find the root cause of the issue and determine whether it is in the application or network. SolarWinds is one of the best remote monitoring software to perform network analysis and evaluate critical paths.
official link :-https://www.solarwinds.com
2. Paessler:-is a diagnostics software that can scan network segments by pinging defined IP ranges. This tool monitors IT infrastructure using technologies like SNMP, WMI, Sniffing, REST APIs, SQL and others. This network testing tool can scan network segments by pinging defined IP ranges.
It can help you to create web pages with up-to-date monitoring data in the desired format. This network testing tool alerts you when it sees warnings or unusual metrics in your network infrastructure. It provides a web interface that is suitable for real-time network troubleshooting issues.
3.Datadoghq:-Datadoghq is a tool that can monitor end-to-end visibility into the WiFi network. It allows you to monitor your network architecture alongside the application, DNS performance, and infrastructure for faster troubleshooting. This application provides you insights into the performance of bare metal devices like firewalls, switches, and routers.
t enables you to view communication between services, cloud regions, and resources. This network troubleshooting tool can also track WiFi network metrics like latency and TCP retransmits. It can assess DNS server health with request volume, error code metrics, and response time.
4. Dynatrace:-Dynatrace is a tool that enables you to monitor WiFi network performance without any hassle. This application makes sure that you get high-quality process communications over the network. It can analyze your WiFi network traffic on the host and process.
Dynatrace provides you a clear picture of metrics for CPU, disk, memory, and WiFi network health. It can be used to see how your components interact with each other.
5. Wireshark:-Wireshark is a tool that analyzes WiFi network protocol with minimal effort. It has a rich feature set that enables you to find network performance issues live and perform offline analysis. This application can capture files compressed with gzip.
Wireshark can be used to read live data from Ethernet, Bluetooth, USB, etc. The output of this WiFi network troubleshooting tool can be exported to CSV, plain text, or XML formats. This network testing tool can run on Windows, macOS, Solaris, Linux, and many other operating systems.
6. Nexthink:-Nexthink is a script that helps you to obtain information about the current network configuration and connection. It enables you to perform connectivity tests using ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol) protocol.
It can clear the DNS cache and helps you to resolve some potential network infrastructure problems. This application can restart the Nexthink service on a device that is recently connected to VPN to get up-to-date information.
official link :-https://www.nexthink.com
PerfSONAR is a network measurement toolkit designed to provide federated coverage of paths and establish end-to-end usage expectations. You can identify and isolate problems as they happen, making the role of supporting network users.
It provides an interface that helps you to schedule measurements of the network and storage of data in uniform formats. This application offers scalable methods to retrieve data and generate visualizations.
It helps you to identify and isolate network problems to make the role of supporting engineer easier. This network testing software contains a set of tools that can be used to perform network analysis and measure packet loss and delay.
8. Ping:-Ping is a Windows operating system utility that helps you to determine latency, round trip time, and network packet loss. It provides you network problem that needs to be addressed.
This command can also be used to check the network connection speed. Ping is the basic utility when you begin your troubleshooting process.
9. Traceroute:-Traceroute is a network troubleshooting command that enables you to know about network devices between one point to another. It gives you extra data like latency values and the hostname of the gadgets. This network troubleshooting tool can also help to identify routing issues when you have more than one network connectivity.
.Traceroute network troubleshooting command enables you to view the route and measure the delay of network packets. It will give you the details of hops between both the source and destination devices.
10. Ipconfig:-Ipconfig (Internet Protocol Configuration) is a utility that can report IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, default gateways, and subnets for all gateways on a computer.
This functionality can also be used to manage IP addresses assigned to PCs that are currently running. You can write commands without additional parameters to identify your current Internet protocol address.
Nslookup is a good utility for locating the IP associated with a domain name and checking to see that DNS resolution is working for a host.
When you enter www.google.com into the browser, your computer queries the DNS server to find the IP attached to that hostname as shown in the following figure.
Nslookup helps you to find these queries and other Domain Name System servers as per your desire. This network testing tool helps you to test the DNS server for the client or your own ISP (Internet Service Provider).
12.Netstat:-Netstat is a utility that is helpful on hosts or servers that run their own firewalls like Apache or SQL servers. This network troubleshooting command is very helpful to know the people who are connected to your hosts with a port number.
MxToolbox is the leading provider of free Blacklist, DNS and Email tools and paid Email Delivery solutions. MxToolbox has over a decade of experience in helping companies large and small improve their email delivery.
MxToolbox Delivery Center is our latest most comprehensive service for understanding email that has been sent “From” your domain.
- Who is sending email purporting to be from your domain
- What is the reputation of your senders’ IPs
- Geolocation of your senders and What their blacklist reputations are
- How your SPF, DKIM and DMARC setup is performing
- What senders are failing DKIM
- What senders are failing SPF verification
- When to setup more restrictive policies for DMARC
- What on-going maintenance you need to maintain and improve your email deliverability
Delivery Center enables you to monitor email delivery information unlike any other. Improve your deliverability today!